Hello Dance Families!
We hope you and your family are healthy and finding a way to stay active! We know this has been a challenging time for everyone, and would like to thank you all for your ongoing support and patience! We are looking forward to getting back into our regular routine and are excited to share with you all, that we will be reopening to modified classes as of June 1st, 2020!
We have been in communication as to what is the most effective and safest way to resume our classes with new safety and health guidelines in place. Our new policies include:
- Temperature checks will be done before students and staff are permitted in the studio.
- Frequent sanitizing of all high traffic surfaces, as well as providing students with sanitizer prior to and at dismissal of classes.
- Marked spots on the dance floor & modified class size to allow for social distancing between DANCERS & TEACHERS as much as possible.
- Modified class format to maintain social distance as much as possible.
- Modified choreography to avoid unnecessary or prolonged physical contact.
- Using one entrance and exit for each room
- Limiting students to building until their scheduled class times
- Observation areas will be unavailable for parents and guardians, we ask that parents stay in their vehicles until dismissal and pick up children from designated exit, to help maintain the social distancing.
- No bags permitted in the studio, students must bring their shoes needed for the class that day. If there are multiple shoes, please utilize Ziplock bags. (This limits the amount of THINGS coming into the studio as well as minimizing the need for “gathering” close to cubbies)
- NO food in the in studio at this time. If unavoidable, please LIMIT eating to the observation area only & only if absolutely necessary. All efforts to eat BEFORE and AFTER your classes should be made, unless it is MEDICALLY NECESSARY or scheduling REQUIRES your child to have food/snacks at dance.
- Cell phones use should be MINIMIZED & cell phones should be sanitized FREQUENTLY BEFORE & AFTER leaving the dance studio
- No street shoes permitted on the dance floor. Dancers must REMOVE SHOES IMMEDIATELY when walking into entrance and CARRY SHOES to cubbies.
- Any belongings must be stored in individual cubbies. (Water, keys, shoes)
- We will not be using extra equipment in class, such as mats, bands, weights, blocks for the time being. Silks classes have be cancelled for this reason.
- We encourage the use of MASKS for anyone who is NOT dancing, or teaching (for example: a kid who must wait 30 minutes between classes). MASKS should NOT be worn during exercise (dance)
While we understand this is very new and very different, our goal is to keep all of our students safe! We have missed everyone and cannot wait to get back to dancing!
Please know that we have throughly reviewed the CDC Considerations for Youth Sports https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/youth-sports.html_ and will maintain compliance with all recommendations and State/Local regulations. Attached is an UPDATED SCHEDULE for the months of June & July. Adjustments have been made to support social distancing.
Where necessary, we have implemented split schedule to be able to maintain 6ft social distance between teachers and students. The attached schedule will show some classes with a ** indicating there is an A/B split schedule for that class. The attachment to this email includes an A/B student list for the affected classes. Students in these classes should come to the studio ONLY on their assigned week and are expected to attend class via ZOOM at the scheduled time and participate from home. We will resume this schedule until June 26th, and will decide the best way to proceed for July at a later date. The log in information for the ZOOM classes will be added in the Parent Portal on the bulletin board. Please note ZOOM classes will ONLY apply to the classes we had to split to maintain social distance. The linked attached below has all the details you need. Please READ, PRINT & SAVE this email & attachment for future reference.
June & July COVID Extension Schedule & Details: https://floridadanceworkshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/COVID-Extension-Dance-Schedule-June-July-2020.pdf
Please note that teaching to ZOOM and a live class at the same time will inevitably pose some technical challenges that we will have to work out as we go. We thank you for your patience as we navigate this. We are here to answer any questions or concerns! We hope to see everyone soon.
Love, FDW Teachers & Staff
Important Dates & Reminders!
June 27th & 28th Class & Individual Pictures at Nickolsons Portrait Studio Schedule & details TBD
July 31-Aug 1 Dress Rehearsal & Showtime 2020
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the 2020-2021 Season Starting August 31st!
TICKETS for Showtime 2020 will go on sale soon! Please keep your eye out for emails & texts! (please make sure your contact information is correct in the parent portal)
Links to sign up for the SHOWTIME COMMITTEE and PROGRAM AD SALES are on the website FloridaDanceWorkshop.com on the main menu!
Auditions for the 2021 Ovations Competition Team and Florida Dance Company will be held the weeks of August 17-21 & August 24-28. Exact details TBD